Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

I live in Kane county. I want to sue a hospital in DuPage county for personal injury, etc. Which county should I hire an attorney from? Which county should I expect the attorney to file my case in?

Asked on 7/01/14, 5:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

You can hire an attorney from any county including cook and the collar counties. With respect to expectations as to whom will file a lawsuit for you, it all depends on your case and its details. Most personal injury attorneys, including me, offer a free consultation to discuss the details and facts of a possible case to assess whether a viable suit can be filed.

You should first consult with an attorney about whether or not you even have a case.

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 7/01/14, 8:09 pm
Chen Kasher Chen Kasher

Any attorney licensed in Illinois can file this case. But they may be limited to filing it in the proper venue of DuPage county, where the events transpired and the defendant is located. This is not necessarily a good thing, because DuPage county is considered "conservative".

Most attorneys based in the Chicagoland area litigate in all of its counties, including Lake, Kane, Will, DuPage, and, of course, Cook. So just fine someone you trust and like and don't think too much about geography.

I would consult with someone ASAP. Time limits for filing are short. Also, you need to provide more information about what you want to sue them for.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/14, 4:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois