Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

when ordering apple pies from mcdonalds, I was given expired apple pies which I did not realise until consuming. Same day night, I had stomach upset and other health issues like heavy stomach. Hence, my question is, can I sue mcdonalds for this deficiency of service and the health issues I had ?

Asked on 4/01/16, 3:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

You can sue anyone, for anything. The real question is do you really want to spend $500 for $600 to file a lawsuit on your own or do you really want to give an attorney a $5000 retainer to file a lawsuit where you have absolutely no permanent injury, no medical bills, and no other damages.

You have to be insane to do either of the above because you couldn't possibly reasonably expect to recover more than about $5. My advice is that you simply write a letter to McDonald's corporate office enclosing a photocopy of your receipt and a photograph of the packaging which indicated that the pies were out of code. He will almost certainly send you a gift certificate for more than what you paid and your only investment will be the price of postage stamp. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/16, 1:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois