Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

I was stopped at an intersection and was hit from behind and then hit the car in front of me. I looked up my case # and there still isnt any report. I'm on alot of pain and my car is totalled. Do I need a personal injury lawyer. I lost work income, need another car and have to rent a car to get to work. I will have yo hp to physical therapy. Can I make the girl that hit me pay for all of this since I was stopped at the intersection?

Asked on 7/09/19, 4:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott A. Blumenshine Blumenshine Law Group

Yes you can recovery for your losses and injuries. She most likely has auto personal injury liability insurance which would handle the claim.

For now, the critical thing is for you to get into treatment and help for your injuries.

Am here to listen and provide guidance. The consultation is free.

Scott Blumenshine

Blumenshine Law Group

312-766-1000 x6

Cell 312-719-2010

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/09/19, 4:51 pm
Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

You need to speak with a lawyer immediately. You need to see a doctor immediately. There is nothing you can do yourself that will make things happen faster or make your case better--in fact, to the contrary. Contact your personal doctor or ER and call an attorney ASAP.

I have retired but I can help you find an attorney if you need one. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/09/19, 5:25 pm
Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

I am sorry you are facing this. You definitely have a claim and the trouble you are already experiencing highlights why it is important to have an attorney protecting your interests and maximizing your recovery.

I suggest: (1) continue treatment (failure to do so and gaps will quickly and substantially impact your claim); (2) if you are able to promptly photo the scene of the accident from all angles (preferably at the same time of day in similar weather), do so (overdo it); (3) if you have access to the vehicles, get photographs of the damage; (4) if your injuries are visible, take photos; (5) keep copies of all documents; (6) avoid giving any statements without representation; (7) promptly get a referral to a well-recommended personal injury attorney (there are excellent attorneys to which you can be referred all over the state).

It cannot be overstated that you will be short-changed representing yourself.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/19, 7:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois