Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

My wife tripped and fell at a shopping center in DuPage County and suffered injuries requiring an ambulance and ER treatment . We are residents of Cook County. Can we file in small claims court in Cook County?

Asked on 6/24/14, 12:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

No. Venue is in DuPage County. Remember that you MUST be able to allege negligence to recover. The likelihood of recovery without an attorney is not good. Remember that any medical care paid through Medicare, Medicaid, or group health insurance MUST be repaid. If you have no attorney, you must repay every dollar. If it is worth pursuing, it is worth a free consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/14, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois