Hello, I purchased a can of pears and found a compressed bandage inside with the pears. What should I do about this, what steps should I take?
2 Answers from Attorneys
1. Did you eat anthing from the can before noticing the bandage?
2. Did you get sick?
3. Did you go for medical attention?
4. Did you keep the bandage?
5. Did you keep the rest of the contents and can.
6. Did you keep the receipt?
7. What are you trying to accomplish?
-- Bring the can and remaining contents and receipt back to the store for a refund if you noticed the bandage before eating anything and are not looking for some kind of damages.
-- If it's anything else, like you ate some before noticing but haven't shown any signs of reaction, keep everything (can, contents, receipt) together say in a plastic bag, see a personal injury attorney who can help guide you through the steps of having the can contents analyzed for any potential health hazards, notifying the store about the situation and making an insurance claim, and potentially having medical attention to determine if you have become infected.
Steve has given you excellent advice.