Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

Change a Will

I want to change 1 paragraph in my will, besides going back to my lawyer, what can I do to make the change legal?

Asked on 10/11/06, 3:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Change a Will

To make sure that things are done properly you should see a lawyer. That being said, you can certainly search online for the Illinois Compiled Statutes and case law to make sure that whatever changes you wish to make are legal, binding, signed and witnessed properly.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/06, 6:51 pm

Jay Pollak The Pollak Law Firm, LLC

Re: Change a Will

Go back to your lawyer. Codicils are just as important as your will. If it is a simple change it shouldn't cost very much.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/06, 3:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois