Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

Condominium Property Act

The Illinois Condominium Property Act 605/8 states ''Partition of the common elements prohibited. Any covenant or agreement to the contrary shall be void.

My association Bylaws state:''All maintenance, repairs, and replacements to the landscaping located on the individual units shall be the responsibility and expense of the unit owner.''

What can I do to cause the Association to maintain ''common property''? What agency is responsible for enforcing the law. If I sue to have this article removed from the bylaws, what are my chances of winning and how much will pursuing the matter cost

Asked on 2/28/07, 12:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Condominium Property Act

If the common property is violating the local building code, you would contact your local town, village, city, if unincorporated, the county.

Based on the informaton provided, no other information can be provided. You should repost with more specific information.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/07, 4:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois