Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

My father recently passed away and left his house to his 3 surviving sons and 2 minor great grandchildren. Because the great grandchildren are minors, the title company will not underwrite the property sale unless their biological father is legally named their guardian for the sale of the house. Is a real estate attorney the best type to use for this? How much does naming a guardian for a specific transaction typically cost?

Asked on 4/11/23, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

That’s a tough problem. Since this involves the sale of a decedent’s property I would say this gets handled through the probate court.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/23, 8:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois