Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

I live in a Townhouse in Cook County , IL. Here is my question , the association just recently put a new roof on last couple of years . Whether the fascia was left off after new roof , their is a opening a large opening to allow rodents , squirrels to enter into and soffits are connecting to other units from this opening . I heard in my unit a lot of scratching from near my ceiling area. I hired a Trapping Specialist, to inspect my attic to see it anything entered into attic , and found nothing. He said a trap a couple units over from where they enter and yes it was a squirrel. I submitted the bill to the Association since it was their promblem that the roofer never sealed that opening back up. Additionally they need to hire someone to do this before another critter gets in there and create damage . If they won’t pay the 300.00$ invoice what can I do ? Any recommendations, I have sent letters and pictures attached to them , without any reply , first letter was sent April 4 ,2018 .

Asked on 4/25/18, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sal Sheikh

If you're serious you need to pursue the Association via small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/18, 11:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois