Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

Our real estate agent received an escrow from the buyer for our house. When going through the title details a problem was noted. The real estate attorney involved said that a 'lien release' on a past mortgage is not the same as a 'mortgage release'. We were told to just sign the papers to accept responsibility for this. We don't want to do this and wish to return escrow. Buyer and buyer real estate agent claim $10,000 in moving fees from Shanghai China to our US location. What is our financial exposure? Is our real estate attorney sufficient to deal with this?

Asked on 6/23/18, 4:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

This is a question you should ask your attorney. If you need representation on a lawsuit arising from this matter, call me at 312-372-5600.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/18, 11:58 am
Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

If the real estate attorney to whom you refer is your attorney, as in, you hired this attorney to represent you and only you in this transaction, he or she should be able to answer your questions. If this is the lender's or buyer's attorney, you need to hire your own attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/18, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois