Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

If my ex wife suggests and helps me start a quit claim for her to receive sole ownership of a condo we purchased while married, but at the end of the process, decides she doesnt want to have to pay all the bills herself and refuses to cooperate with the quit claim... What are my options to make the quit claim go through and get my name off of the title?

Things to know:

1. My divorce papers state im responsible for a large majority of the bills while we own it

2. She claims that I have no options as far as removing my name from the title of the condo without her participation... which she will not give. Is that true?

Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me


Asked on 7/12/13, 6:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

Unless she can be compelled based on the equities in the divorce case, you can no more force her to take on your property than I can force you to take on my property.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 4:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois