Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Illinois

exposed himself

my general manager started one year ago (2 years after me) on the second shift we worked together he was in the office when I walked in and he exposed himself to me (stroking himself)

he made remarks about how nice my breasts were and would like to see them..He has asked me to go to a room with him on several occassions (we work in a hotel) with every occurance I have refused. he then treats me unfairly and is very rude to me only to start up again some time later with his vulgar suggestions..I went to HR immediately with every instance and she never reported it to the owner (which I have just done 1 week ago)this has been going on for 1 year and I am sooo stressed out!! as it turns out there are 2 other girls who have had very similar situations with this man and one of them has also came forward. I have lost $$ due to the stress (commission basis) can I sue for distress and recover my money??

Asked on 1/15/05, 5:56 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Nydia Molina Shestokas & Raines

Re: exposed himself

To answer your question, "Yes you can recover damages for sexual harassment". From what you have stated it seems that you have been exposed to harassing work enviroment. If you would like to speak to about how you should get started with your case, please feel free to call me anytime at 312-451-5550. I will be more than happy to help with whatever I can. Nydia Molina

Read more
Answered on 1/16/05, 3:25 pm

Jeffrey Friedman Law Office of Jeffrey Friedman

Re: exposed himself

From what you have said, you may have a case of employment discrimination/sexual harassment where you can recover damages. Please feel free to contact my office on Monday for a free consultation (312-357-1431).

Jeff Friedman

Read more
Answered on 1/15/05, 8:37 pm
Robert Harlib Robert S. Harlib, Attorney At Law

Re: exposed himself

This is asexual harassment case, and you need to filea charge with either the Ill. Dept. of Human Rights or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission before you do anything else. Feel free to call me at 312-236-0290 to discuss this process.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/05, 9:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Illinois