Legal Question in Social Security Law in Illinois

Am facing a S.S. judgement soon towards an $80,000 overpayment & not able to pay it back (in my lifetime) would filing bankruptcy possibly help? Like to keep my car, if possible, and not have to wind up on the street or in prison. Hearing in two weeks - desparately needing legal financial advice.

Asked on 2/26/12, 6:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

The remedy with Social Security most likely depends on how the overpayment occurred. Was this an error made by Social Security?

Read more
Answered on 2/27/12, 4:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Illinois