Legal Question in Social Security Law in Illinois

short term disability

I had foot surgery (Not workmens comp) I will be out of work for 3-4 months. I am in the union and will only be getting $200.00 a month. I have a 9yr old daughter that lives with me. Is there any assistance from anywhere that I could apply for the 3-4 months? Even Food stamps would help.



Asked on 4/30/07, 8:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: short term disability

Your best bet would be to contact social services and then try to find work that doesn't involve your foot. There might be an accommodation they can make on your job.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/07, 1:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Illinois