Legal Question in Tax Law in Illinois

illinois self employment tax

A friend of mine only did a small amount of contract labor last year. She went to h&r block to file, got earned income credit for a child but most of it was taken for a self employment tax. What are the specifics on that and where can I find out?

Asked on 4/16/08, 5:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: illinois self employment tax

Take a look at website.

Click "forms and publications" on the left. Then scroll down to Forms C and SE (1040) and the instructions. It will explain how self employment income is taxed.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/08, 7:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Illinois