Legal Question in Traffic Law in Illinois

Summons problem

I was just informed by an old neighbor that someone attempted to serve me papers at my old address. They did not give the person my new address. How do I find out what this is about?

Asked on 3/15/08, 8:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Re: Summons problem

Hello. I am happy that you are willing to assume a pro-active stance

to face this possible lawsuit. I suggests that you go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the County where you reside and ask an assistant clerk to search their records for a listing where you are named a defendant in a case. In Cook County the Clerk's office in each division has a public access computer terminal which allows for an easy search of court records.

Those that are unfamiliar with the

computer terminal can get help from the assistant clerks in that office.

I will be happy to discuss this topic further.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/08, 4:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Illinois