Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

My husband has passed away and our home is in his name. How can I get it put into my name? I live in IL.

Asked on 5/24/19, 8:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

I am sorry for your loss. Regrettably, there may be more to this than you anticipate. If the house was solely in his name, then its disposition will depend either on his will or state inheritance laws. If your husband did not have a will, state inheritance laws provide that his estate passes half to you and half to his descendants. Consult with a well-recommended local attorney experienced in real estate and probate.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/19, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois