Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

My doctor did not file my case with workmans comp even though he was aware there was a work injury so my personal insurance paid for my surgery. I only discovered this during one of my followup visits. What can I do?

Asked on 6/23/12, 7:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Have you filed a workers compensation claim? Is one pending? In order for the doctor to submit bills to the WC insurance, there has to be a claim already on its way. If there is none, then the doctor has done the right thing.

If you have not filed claim, you should speak with a WC attorney and start there.

I hope this helps

Read more
Answered on 6/23/12, 7:41 am
Mike Helfand

If you file a claim, we can make sure you get reimbursed for anything paid out of pocket and that your insurance carrier does as well. It's a big deal because your insurance company could go after you. If you want a referral to an attorney in your area call us at (312) 346-5320.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/12, 7:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois