Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

my husband crush 2 finger tips at work. It was his left hand (he is right handed) middle and ring finger tips. He had surgery and will be on light duty for at least 6 months with physical therapy. We are unsure of the feeling he will have since this happened only a week ago. Just wondering a ball park settlement.

Asked on 9/19/10, 10:27 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Matthew Willens Willens Law Offices, P.C.

With such serious injuries, it is my opinion that you need a lawyer on your side. Your husband's company likely has experienced claims adjusters and/or lawyers on its side. Isn't it time you leveled the playing field? We would be glad to speak with you (for free) regarding this serious matter. Our phone number is 312-957-4166.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/10, 10:34 am

Sal Sheikh

You would need to have an attorney look at the medical records.

How your Husband responds to physical therapy and if there, in fact is any loss of feeling as well as other factors would all be taken into consideration.

Also, an attorney would likely increase any settlement amount over dealing with the Insurance Co. unrepresented.

No one can give you a statistic ($$ Amount) without knowing more information.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

312-532-8554 OR [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/24/10, 10:36 am
John Wunsch Law Offices John C. Wunsch, P.C.

Dear Sirs,

In addition to your rights under Workmen's Compensation, there may also be another case known as a third party case.

Please call our office to discuss both cases. (312) 977--9900.

Many thanks,

Law Offices


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/27/10, 7:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois