Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

My husband was injured at work in July 2011. It was determined he had torned miniscus. Doctor performed surger on August 30, 2011. His leg is still swollen and is in pain. Has to walk with a can because he leg gives out sometimes. They did another MRI and it shows there is still a tear. Doctor is saying the tear on the MRI is not really there because it can give false reading. He went to the doctor today, Jan. 16, 2012 and doctor said if there is no improvement in 6 weeks he is going to place him on permanent partial disability. Doctor has no intention of doing a surgery again. Worker comp. guy says they have to follow what the doctor says. The doctor has cleared him to work with the only restriction of lifting only 30 pounds. No mention of the use of his cane. Can they do this. What are our options to get his knee better. He has gone for a second opinion and that doctor did not want to take his case. So he is stuck with this guy.

Asked on 1/16/12, 12:30 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Wunsch Law Offices John C. Wunsch, P.C.

Dear Sirs,

We may be able to assist. There may be remedies you can pursue that we can discuss with you.

Please call (312) 977--9900.

Many thanks,

Law Offices


[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 12:37 pm

Jeffrey Friedman Law Office of Jeffrey Friedman

I would recommend that you and your husband consult with a worker's compensation attorney directly. If you would like to speak to someone in my office, please feel free to call.

Jeff Friedman


Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 12:38 pm
Mike Helfand

You may be misunderstanding the doctor, but we would do whatever we could to make sure that the restrictions are followed. If you would like a referral to a lawyer near you that focuses on work comp and has had success with similar cases, call me at (800) 517-1614.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois