Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

I was injured at work on May 30,2010. I recieved workmans comp. pay from a pay rate of 11.33 per hour at that time. After the accident for about 6 weeks, I went back to work. I increased my position, which gave me a 1.00 an hour raise and recieved a pay raise of .40 cents an hour. For a total raise of 1.40 more an hour. I worked at 12.73 per hour for 6 weeks. Then I developed a condition directly related to tha accident on May 30,2010 on December 15,2010.

Question: Should workmans comp. be paying me a percentage of the 11.33 rate or the 12.73 per hour rate? and how do I get them to change it if they should?

Asked on 2/04/11, 7:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mike Helfand

You may have two cases and if so one should be at one rate and the 2nd at the higher rate. Of course don't expect them to voluntarily pay you more. If you want our help, call us at (800) 517-1614. We help everywhere in Illinois.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 6:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois