Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

I'm involved in a work comp case in Illinois. I cannot return to the trades and was told to begin looking for a new occupation. I'm told I need to find suitable and with my level of education, experience, and restrictions that would land me in a job paying $15-18.00/hour. This would be less than half my prior earnings. There will be a wage differential included in the settlement of the case. My question: Can I start a business paying myself in the suitable range if I put my wife as the sole owner and myself acting as an employee?

Asked on 1/03/15, 7:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mike Helfand

Sounds like this could blow up your case. I wouldn't advise it based on the info you provided, not while your case is pending. If you'd like to discuss your case call me at 800-517-1614

Read more
Answered on 1/03/15, 7:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois