Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

I am a truck driver working as a borrowed employee and tore my acl due to poor maintainance of borrowing employers truck. I now need surgery . I returned to work just dealing with the pain. Shortly after the manager of the speacial employer requested not to have me work there due to my injury and requesting light duty. I am now seeking medical attention and both " employers " are ignoring my calls. The company has occupational accident insurance but never enrolled me in the policy. This is quite the mess and would like to know if there is light at the end of this nightmare of a tunnel.

Asked on 7/06/13, 7:10 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Marker Marker & Assosiates, Attorneys at Law, P.C.

There certainly is. You definitely should consult with an attorney ASAP. The Insurance carrier and employer will push you around many times if you don't have representation on your side. Feel free to give me a call on Monday at 630-995-9995.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 7:28 pm
Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

Don't accept their shenanigans. You did your work and you got injured and you deserve being compensated for your injuries, your wage loss, and all related medical bills. You should talk to an attorney immediately. Call the Chicago Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service or if you need special help call my office. I will set you up.

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 8:03 pm
Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

This can be easily sorted out by an experienced WC attorney. Make sure you find someone who is willing to file your case with an emergency motion to get the ball rolling for you. If you have any specific questions, I will be in my office TODAY after 10:30.

Candiano Law Office

Charles J. Candiano

53 West Jackson Blvd.

Suite 1337

Chicago, IL 60604

(888) 373-9964 toll-free

(312) 465-2914 telephone

(312) 624--8184 fax


email: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois