Legal Question in Workers Comp in Illinois

Workers comp

I was injured at work in May, 2007 and my case was dismissed at the hospital. I was not hospitalized but I did go to the doctor for several months. But I still can not walk that far and my foot still bothers me. What should I do not my job is very if but I feel that I should be compensate some how for my injury

Asked on 8/20/07, 3:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott A. Blumenshine Blumenshine Law Group

Re: Workers comp

Need more info about circumstances

of your injury -how it happened,

and nature and extent of your injury -

what is diagnoses and prognosis.

You should be entitled to compensation.

Please feel free to contact me for

a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/07, 9:48 am
Jason Marker Marker & Assosiates, Attorneys at Law, P.C.

Re: Workers comp

If you were hurt at work, you have the right to ask for payment of your medical treatment with the doctors you have seen who treated you for the work injury. Under the Workers' Compensation Act, the insurance company must pay for the medical bills of up to 2 doctors you see and anyone they refer you to. In other words, you have your choice of up to 2 doctors.

I cannot tell from your e-mail whether you are working or not. If you have not notified your employer of your work injury, you should do so immediately. If you have notified your employer (manager) within 45 days of your accident, you are entitled to receive payment for your medical treatment, time off work, and even a settlement at the conclusion of your case (when you have finished your medical treatment).

If you are in a situation where you feel you will need continued medical treatment, I would recommend you consult an attorney who can speak to the insurance company and ensure you get the medical care you need. An attorney can file motions to get the matter moving quickly as it seems you need help quickly.

I would be happy to discuss your case with your further. I have handled many foot injury claims in the past and I'm confident I can help you. Feel free to contact me at the information below - I will consult with you free of charge.

Good luck and I hope this helps you!

Read more
Answered on 8/20/07, 5:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Illinois