Legal Question in Banking Law in India

my deceased father had a locker in SBI, in joint holding with my deceased uncle, uncles wife, & my deceased mom. we are 5 siblings(4 sisters & a brother).

now the locker contains the fixed deposit receipts of my fathers savings .

now only aunty is living. some how i got the locker sealed.

My question (1)how can i get the locker opened, also what to do if my aunt does not cooperate. my aunty is in no mood to cooperate & demanding a handsome amount from us to get the matter solved, also she is a joint nominee in my fathers flat.

(2) is their any way out that w/o the presence of my aunt the bank checks the fd's in the locker & if their is no name of my aunt in the fd's-can they handover the fd's to us.

Its like a chakravyuh for me to get the matter solved.please help.

Asked on 5/25/10, 11:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear bro.

we can solve your problem but first of all send me your details like location, your family background and contact details in my personal email id.


Read more
Answered on 6/01/10, 9:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India