Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

We came to Thane two year back, we got rental house through broker we have paid him one month rent ,we are from middle class family, next we decided to continue same house, again we have paid same one month rent to the broker that man is getting money without any effort ,but now this is third year again we want to continue with the same house, our owner is really good, he increased rent but we don’t have any problem but that broker is asking for money and it is really difficult for us to pay same rent for 10 month he is asking one month rent and it is really difficult to pay him we are really very simple people we don’t know how to deal with this type of people, he is harassing us and giving us ultimatum , Pls help us as early as possible, he is abusing us through phone. so Pls………………………. need help

Asked on 11/29/09, 1:22 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

No broker does not have any right. He can demand only at the time of searching the house and not every year. Refuse him directly.


Read more
Answered on 11/29/09, 11:01 pm

Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates

if you have got direct contact with the owner you can directly deal with owner and omit the broker.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/09, 11:42 pm
Mantosh Sarkar M.Sarkar & Associates

It is very awsome situation and we have ever heard. A broker is always paybale in one time.

Usually brokers charge one month rent as fee. But it is very difficult to understand what

prompted you to pay simaltaneously both the owner and broker.Did you agreed to pay

or out of fear you have caused to pay. Report the matter to local Police station and

bluntly refuse to pay.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/09, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India