Legal Question in DUI Law in India

a case was registed u/s 279 in the name of my husband BM in mar 2004 and the court had send a few summons where in he had atended them till 2005. in the same case myself (wife) had signed a surety bond of 7000/- . and he was given a nbw . in the year 2008 sep. i went to the court as a surety and withdrew the surety informing the court that he is not under my control and am not in a position to produce him in court any more as he has changed his job location .The judge was very helpful and considering it linently he asked me to deposit a fine amount of 4000/- in cash and cancelled the FD of the above mentioned 7000/- which i later on got encashed from the bank . at the same time the court also said that i am free now and no body would ever come to trouble me in this case any more. Pls be noted that at the time the case was registered the address given is of our own house which is in joint name till date but he (BM) has given a power of attorney in name for selling the house as he is most of time out of station. Pls let me know what are the consequences and as somebody was saying the property will be attached .what does that mean ???

Asked on 2/26/10, 9:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735)

in case the house stands in the name of the husband, the court may send attachment warrants in case your husband does not appear and is declared a proclaim offender. however, you may approach a lawyer and he would resolve this problem so that you are not deprived of your residence.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/10, 9:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in India