Legal Question in Family Law in India


My name is sridhar. I got married 3 months back. Because of issues I want to take divorce.

Can you pls suggest will there be any financial settlement. I am a software engineer and my wife has done BE but not working.

I have one house in bangalore which has a loan of 37 lakhs which is bought 2 years back. I have one more site which I bought 5 years back. Apart from this I dont have any other property

What will be the financial distribution if both agree for divorce...I know that we get the divorce after 1 year but I want to know the financial settlement after 1 year

My father in law is demanding for 50 lakhs and is threatening to file false dowry and cruelty case. How to handle this. We are from andrapradesh and I do job in bangalore. My wife was with me in bangalore for only one month. Me , wife and my mother was staying in bangalore..

Asked on 2/08/12, 4:28 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

better hire a lawyer when you receive summons from woman cell. you may go for the compromise now and MCD after a year.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/12, 5:58 am

Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates

hire a expert local lawyer and he will do the needful

Read more
Answered on 2/08/12, 6:09 am
Sanjay Kalra Sanjay Kalra & Associates

A suggestion(s) to my learned friends to improve there English. You dont hire a lawyer as he is a professional but you engage a lawyer. I hope you would take this suggestion in right and good spirit. Normally courts gives around 25 to 33% of the grooms salary or assets. But i feel you should engage a good matrimonial lawyer in your city.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/12, 12:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India