Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

Share in mother property

My mother have 1house of 50 s. Y. My mother leave no will now one of my brother have poccess on that house is not my real brother now i want to share in this property what is the law i am married women what is law in this condition for married woment in india

Asked on 7/09/09, 12:53 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

Re: Share in mother property

you can claim the ownership of the house as you the natural daughter and you can get the declaration that your so called brother does not have any right title or interest in the house property. after 2005, married daughters also have equal right to the property. you need to file a suit for declaration and possession.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/09, 2:21 am
Rohini Kumar Tenneti R.K.1080 LEGAL SERVICES

Re: Share in mother property

Hoping that your mother is not alive and your suuposed brother is not an adopted son of your mother you have sole rights in the property left by your demised mother.If you have the documents in your custody you don't even have to go to the court for filing any suits.You acn lodge a complaint against your so called brother about his trespassing into your property.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/09, 3:25 am
Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Re: Share in mother property

You are entitled to one half share in the property; It may be better to negotiate with your brother and reach an amicable out of court settlement;

you may file a civil suit in the local courts claiming your share; but the decision may take time; the litigation may be costly and time consuming;

Read more
Answered on 7/09/09, 7:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India