Legal Question in Investment Law in India

An award is given against a client and in favour of the broker by the arbitrator in NSE Kolkata. But, the client,s account was in Orissa branch of the broker.The broker filed the case with NSE Kolkata. can the client challenge the award in orissa high court or cosumer court in orissa !

Asked on 8/05/09, 3:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

An Arbitration Award may be challenged in accordance with the Arbitration & Concilliation Act 1996. You may engage an Advocate to file your objections and guide you in the matter.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/09, 5:59 am
Seshadri Srinivasan

You must challenge the award on grounds as given under the law only.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/09, 6:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in India