Legal Question in Investment Law in India

The broker filed arbitration application in NSE kolkata. The arbitrator has passed award in favour of the broker and against the client with out considering the defense of client. The clients account was in orissa branch of the broking company. can the client file a case in orissa high court or orissa cosumer court against the award.

Asked on 8/05/09, 3:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Already answered. duplicate question. Refer to the provisions of Arbitration & Concilliation Act, 1996 and engage an Advocate for conducting your case.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/09, 5:59 am
Seshadri Srinivasan

You will have to challenge the award as it has already been made.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/09, 6:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in India