Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Consent Witness.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Subject: Consent Witness.

There is a property which is

ancestral. Father is not there

anymore. Legal heirs are myself,

mother, brother and sister. Mother

and brother want sister to sign as a

consenting witness and not as a

vendor as they have spoken to her to

give money at a later date. But, the

purchaser is saying that sister signing

as a consenting witness is not

possible because tomorrow she may

create some problem. Is it possible

to create some problem after signing

as a consenting witness? And, if so,

what is the solution?

Asked on 11/15/08, 11:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

Re: Consent Witness.

What is meant by consenting witness? There is no such terminology used under the T.P. Act or Registration Act.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/08, 1:05 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Re: Consent Witness.

There is no such in law as a "consenting witness". The purchaser is right. She may need to sign as one of the vendors; better to settle her share at this stage and make her also as a vendor.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/08, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India