Legal Question in Securities Law in India


can i file a case from my native place against a individual who is not staying there what r the legal obligation that person is bound by if answer is yes what can he do to prevent such an action and what r the cases that can be taken against him by the court if he is not attending the courts notice

Asked on 6/10/02, 7:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ramaswami Natarajan Ramaswami & Associates

Re: Theft

If whole or part of the transaction has taken place in the place where you are residing, you can file a suit there. Otherwise you have to file it in the place where the defendent ( person against whom the suit will be filed) is residing. Procedures for all courts are same.


N. Ramaswami

Read more
Answered on 6/10/02, 8:07 am
Mahesh T. Pai M. A. T. Pai & Mahesh T. Pai

Re: Theft

Guess you will need to give better information. Like, what the dispute is about, eg. If the dispute is about immoveable property, place of residence of defendant is not relevant.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/02, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in India