Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

i executed and registered a gift deed fora piece of land to a trust to use the same for public usage in memory of my late father. the trust failed. What I have to do to cancel the gift and take back my land

Asked on 8/05/12, 4:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

IqbalAhmed Shaikh Moavin Legal Associates

It is settled law that Once a gift is complete, the same cannot be rescinded. For any reason whatsoever, the subsequent conduct of a donee cannot be a ground for rescission of a valid gift. You must seek other options to ask trust to fulfill its obligations under its objectives.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/12, 8:22 pm
Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates

i agree with adv Shaikh

Read more
Answered on 8/06/12, 6:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India