Legal Question in Workers Comp in India

Joining Bonus Recovery

Dear All,

Had a Query on Joining Bonus.

I was terminated from Service due to the down turn. I was given a Joining Bonus, at the time of joining the organisation which was to be locked in for a period of 3 years to be calculated at a pro rata basis, and subject to realisation in case `of my resignation . This was 10 months back.

Now the Company is trying to recover my Joining Bonus, though they had terminated me, and I have not resigned. Is this Legal ? I seek an advice and legal advocate to help me with this case .

This is in India in Gurgaon in the state of Harayana.


Ex Capt Shantanu Chakravorty

Asked on 6/15/09, 12:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel India Law Offices of Sudershan Goel - Advocate

Re: Joining Bonus Recovery

You have not mentioned the amount involved. The legal course of action may be time consuming and costly.

You may consider an amicable out of court settlement.

The legal remedy open to you may be - filing a civil suit against the employer in the local civil courts.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/09, 12:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in India