Legal Question in Criminal Law in Indiana

Plea bargin and Shock Probation/ modificaiton

If a person agrees to a plea bargin, is this person eligible for "shock probation" or a modification and if they are, how much of their sentence must they complete prior to requesting a modification?

Asked on 4/19/00, 3:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marvin Coffey Marvin E. Coffey Attorney at Law

Re: Plea bargin and Shock Probation/ modificaiton

A pea bargin is an enforceable agreement between the Defendant and the State. Once it is approved by the court, it is binding on everyone including the court. Unless all of the parties agree to a change in its conditions, it cannot be modified.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/00, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Indiana