Legal Question in Banking Law in Indiana

Am i able to switch the loan from my name to his?

I helped my boyfriend get his car. it is under my name in the loan andonly mine. he did not have proof of employment at the time of getting the car. is there anyway we can switch the loan into his namenow that he has proof?

Asked on 10/22/07, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Am i able to switch the loan from my name to his?

There is no way you can force anyone to change names on the loan. There could be other reasons than emplyment why you are considered a better credit risk than your boyfriend. Your best hope is that your boyfriend will honorably take responsibility for the loan, and try to get it refinanced. He can start with the existing loan company, but would probably have better luck with applying with a different lender. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/07, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Indiana