Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana

Can you add a person who is filing a Civil Case against you as a creditor when you file bankruptcy? We live in Indiana.

Asked on 3/30/10, 2:57 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gregory Coleman Coleman Law Office

Yes you can. So long as the case does not involve neglect, or you being under the influence of a substance. You don't state what the civil case is for. Feel free to call my office and we can discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/10, 9:02 pm
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

You should list all claims, even contested claims like this possible civil case, in your bankruptcy. If the case involves child support or student loans or fraud or certain other criminal offenses, then the claim may not be dischargeable, but you should list it anyway. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/10, 4:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana