Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana

can i do anything about this

i have done some work for a man that refuses to pay me. i filed in small clames court to try and get my money. when i went to court today i was told that this man filed chapter 13 in 2002. this mans lawer said i could not file in small claims agenst him . so im wanting to know what to do i dont see how a man can get peolpe to do work for him and his company not pay them and be pertected by chapter 13 laws frome were he filed for 5 years. there should be some way that i can make this man have to pay me for my work and materials if any one has a sugestion please send your coments thanks jeff

Asked on 1/02/07, 11:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: can i do anything about this

I don't think your lawsuit is stopped by the 2002 Chapter 13, presuming your work was performed after 2002. If it is covered by the Chapter 13, then your claim is entitled to priority. Contact both the U.S. Trustee and the Chapter 13 Trustee for your federal district and file an administrative claim

Read more
Answered on 1/02/07, 3:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana