Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

My bank gave me the wrong direct deposit information, so my paycheck got deposited into someone else’s account. At first I didn’t know that was the issue, I notified my employer the day I didn’t get paid. Payroll didn’t get back to me for 11 days. They then told me to call my bank. My bank told me that my employer needs to file a request to have the money returned. Apparently that request had to be filed within 5 days after the deposit. So now I’m caught in this blame game with my bank and employer. Both are pretty much telling me the other is responsible for my pay.

Asked on 9/03/19, 2:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Your recourse would be to take the parties to small claims court to have the issue hashed out between them.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/19, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana