Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

My dad owns a 50 acre farm and my husband and I have been married for 10 years BUT my dad is the "What if" type and thinks the worst. We are wanting to build on an acre of the farm, my dad has an issue with this thinking if we do get divorced then my husband could force me to sell the land and the house in the event we cannot come to an agreement with me keeping the house. Is there anyway to put into a document signed by us to cover my dads land not being sold? Im trying to convince dad that the land would be covered just in case.

Asked on 11/12/13, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Yes, an agreement could be drafted by an attorney to cover all of these issues. It would probably take an attorney who deals in matrimonial/family issues, because the agreement would be a post-nuptial contract between you and your husband, as to what his rights would be in the event of a marital dissolution.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/13, 5:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana