Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

I would like to sell clothing items on-line but also at vendor type events in the state of Indiana. I am a sole proprietorship, what types of licensing do I need to acquire? I have gotten a different answer when I ask different sources. I have currently gone down to my local Recorders Office and registered my business as a sole proprietorship. I have also obtained an EIN number and opened a business account with a bank. I have no other certifications or licensing, do I need any? Wondering if I need to register with the State of Indiana? I have also ready something about a State vs. a Federal EIN number? I have the Federal, do I need a State EIN? Thank you for any assistance

Asked on 12/20/17, 6:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Your questions are too numerous to answer fully in this space. The types of licensing and registration you need depends upon your location, volume, and other factors. Getting properly set up is not a do it yourself project. For your specific business, you need to consult with both an attorney and an accountant for the proper advice for your particular circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/17, 6:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana