Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Indiana

My husband and I was approached by my sister who was left a 20 acre farm and it needed cleaned up. She offered for us to help her and she would split everything 50/50 with us right down to the sale of the property. She showed us all receipts and all bills every week and we talked about the taxes that needed to be paid .All of a sudden she stopped showing receipts and bills and would only give us what she wanted to and then started and argument and kicked us off the farm.We have tried to talk to her and no success. We removed our equipment off the property and now we are struggling to make ends meet because we had to shut down our businees to accomodate the needs at the farm. We have a paper trail of what took place as far as the money transactions.We have witnesses that she has told that it is a 50\50 verbal agreement and she shook our hands and gave us a hug and then everything seem to go sideways.I would like to know if we are capable of making her stand up to her agreement.

Asked on 7/22/11, 12:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Based on the facts presneted, yes. You may need to hire counsel to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/11, 4:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Indiana