Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Indiana

Can I sue the state I live In for failing to protect me from the United States Congress for the loss of rights and liberties?

Asked on 4/20/10, 11:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Of course not. States have very broad discretion to decide what they will and won't do, especially at the policy level.

Even if we assume that Congress has taken away some of your rights and liberties, what do you think the state should have done about it? And even if there were some steps it could have taken, why should it have been required to take them?

Read more
Answered on 4/26/10, 10:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Indiana