Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Indiana

what to do when you go to trial and there is no evidence against you and the court find you guilty because you have a big law suit against the state already. when the judge is corrupt and the prosecutor is corrupt and your lawyer is corrupt

Asked on 6/26/13, 5:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

I very much doubt this is what happened. Defendants are occasionally convicted when the evidence is too weak, but convictions where there is no evidence at all are unheard of.

If you believe the evidence does not support your conviction, you can file an appeal. If you believe the conviction was based on factors other than the evidence, you can petition for a writ of habeas corpus. Note that you can do both of these things at the same time; there is no need to choose one or the other.

You should begin the process as soon as possible. There are deadlines you must meet and other procedural rules you must follow. The longer you wait, the more likely it will be that you will inadvertently forfeit important rights.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Indiana