Legal Question in Construction Law in Indiana

I hired a plumber to fix a leak at a rental property in indiana. I told them to call me before starting any work and not to talk to the tenant. I would be the one paying so only I could authorize the work. They had the tenant sign work agreement and fixed the leak without my consent. Charged me $288.00 to replace a $6.00 wax ring on a toilet. I paid under protest because I did not want a mechanics lien place on the property. Do I have any legal rights here?

Asked on 9/03/15, 8:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Probably not. you paid it, even under protest. The amount isn't worth going to court.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/15, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Indiana