Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

Brother bought a car that is too expensive for him to pay for. His income is $1500 per month (65 year old bachelor) and car payment is $600 per month. Do we have any recourse to force the dealer to take the car back or the loan company to take the car back in lieu of further loan payments?

Thank you for your advice.

Bev Sevick

[email protected]

Asked on 11/09/09, 10:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jorge GEORGE Rodriguez Law Offices of Jorge "George" Rodriguez

Your brother should gather all his paperwork related to the purchase of the car and the loan and see a lawyer in person> While it is unlikely that he can just walk away from the transaction there are remedies a lawyer can recommend including bankruptcy protection if his liabilities exceed his assets.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/09, 12:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana