Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

does a court have to notify you if they put a hold on your bank account to satisfy a debt

Asked on 9/30/09, 9:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Coleman Coleman Law Office

You are to be served notice by the court that someone has filed a lawsuit against you. If someone has frozen your account without your knowledge, call your bank to get the information. Once you do that, you can then call the court to notify that you never received notice. You will need to file a motion with the court to have the judgment set aside for inproper service.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/09, 9:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana