Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

My daughter has 46, 000.00 of medical debt due to a complicated pregnancy she had in 2017, along with her husband losing his job with health insurance coverage. The accounts have went to collections due to the fact that my daughter was overwhelmed with all the bills, and didn't try to get help in time with debt relief. My question is what can we do to get the amount down or forgiven? There is no possible way they can pay that off. They barely make ends meet now.

Asked on 10/09/18, 12:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Probably no way. Best avenue is to file bankruptcy.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/18, 8:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana