Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

frozen bank acct due to creditor freezing acct

I have been paying on a debt for 2 years. I contacted them when I fell on hard times in Oct. 2008, and said I would be late and as soon as I received my tax check, I was going to pay this acct in full. PLease call me if this is not okay, and please send me what I owe in full so I can plan my bill accordingly. I never heard a thing from this company. I kept calling and only get a recording. I sent letters, and got no response. Just this last week, I was served with papers and they froze my bank acct.. My pay check goes into that directly. So, I have no money till the court hearing in March. I can't pay my rent, pay my car payment and can't get food for my family. What is my recourse at this point?

Asked on 2/09/09, 12:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: frozen bank acct due to creditor freezing acct

It sounds like they sued you and got a judgment and now are garnishing your bank account. You had better give the plaintiff a call or wait till the hearing.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/09, 6:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana